Saturday, March 2, 2013

DIY Chalkboard Tutorial

Posted by Alinka at 3:56 PM



So here is a project I recently did. A friend of ours gave us wall art and although I loved the frame, I was not too crazy about the "art" itself - it did not match any room we had in the house. I remembered seeing some posts on Pinterest about chalkboard walls and decided to give this a try. I must say, I absolutely love our new chalkboard piece - we write little messages to each other, things to remember, and customize cute messages on it for holiday cheer! =]

Materials you need:
- Frame
-Piece of sturdy smooth cardboard to fit inside frame
-Chalkboard paint
-Roller for painting
-Rags,paper, or magazines for setup and cleaning
-Chalk

Here is what I started with:

So first, I removed the back and took out the photo, leaving just the frame and the backing.




I then cut the piece of cardboard to fit inside the frame, put it down on some paper not to get the floor dirty, and painted away!


Once I was finished, I let it dry according to the instructions on the back of the paint can and then installed it into the frame and hung it on my wall. Voila!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Mon Lilly Belle Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos